Sunday, November 16, 2008

Flickring Away Part One

So I finally did it. I took some pictures with a digital camera, set up a flickr account, and uploaded them. With a little help.

You see, I almost never use a camera, so other than this assignment, I have had no use for a flickr account of my own - although I have spent a fair amount of time on the site observing the pictures of others. It isn't that I am uninterested in having various events, people, and places in my life preserved in photographic form. It's just...well...here:
Pretty isn't it? My husband took that. If you're interested, you can see more of his fabulous photography at http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshtrudell/. With a photographer like that in the house, I've never felt the need to play around with a camera much. Always preferred being in front of the camera to behind it anyway.
Nonetheless, I took the camera out and played around with it some. Since I used my husband's fancy Sony DSLR-A350, the results are pretty much proof that it is the photographer, not the camera, that makes the picture.

1 comment:

Julia said...

That is a lovely photo. But don't worry about capturing beauty exactly - I think that's the trick. Capture something small that you love and go out from there.